Thursday, June 19, 2008

Staple-free!

Well, I got the staples removed from my head on tuesday, phew!
Didn't hurt at all, just weird. 
Now its scabbed and itchy but definitely better. We all know I need another hole in the head like a $2 hooker needs a coupon special.

Madison is still gone.
I went to the local animal shelter to give them a flyer and it was HORRIBLE. I was doing ok until I went back to the cat area to see if she had been brought in, then I lost it.
All these kitties reaching out through the cages and meowing their little hearts out, even worse were the ones just sitting there looking at me like, "yeah, I know you won't take me home."
I couldn't take it and then on my way out the lady started trying to reassure me by telling me not to lose hope and that people do recover their cats.... yeah, that's when I started bawling like a baby.
And this was on my lunch break so I still had to go back to work and finish my day.

Staple-free but heartbroken.

2 comments:

Miriam. said...

I cant bare to go to the shelters. The cats are somewhat ok when they are in the group rooms. But the dogs always make me cry instantly.

Unknown said...

Staples???? I need details. What happened?