Thursday, June 19, 2008

Say hello to my little friend

Meet my new friend Mia...



She's a feral kitten that we found at the safari roaming around with her momma and three other siblings.  We caught her and one of her sisters, we are still trying to live-trap her mom and other two siblings. We will spay momma and find her a good home and (once we find them) I'd like to take one more kitten home with me so Mia has a friend. We are estimating her at 8 weeks, she got her first set of shots, worm meds, & frontline.

This is pretty sad but having her here just makes me miss Madison even more. Mia has a lot of the same markings that Mad has.  Mia is pretty freaking adorable. She is the runt and is super skinny, I can feel all her little bones sticking out. She is eating really well, and growls while she eats as if she is still fighting off her siblings. So funny! She nurses while she sleeps and has quite the little motor. She loves tummy rubs which is the total opposite of Madison.

I did need a friend though, it was perfect timing. On the one week anniversary of Madison's disappearance I found Mia.

I feel like it is too soon to replace Madison but Mia isn't really replacing her. I still want my cat to come back home.







1 comment:

Miriam. said...

What a cutie!

You arent replacing Mad, you are giving love to another kitty who needs love. If and when Mad comes back she'll get a sister. And Madison does pretty ok with other cats, I mean her and Eshe actually played (although they would never ever admit to it).