Saturday, June 21, 2008

Skunked!

The live trap that we set up to try and catch momma cat with has not quite been successful.

No momma cat and no kittens yet... skunk, however, we now have.
It's a little skunk but still packs quite a punch to the nose.

I was walking up to the trap to put some fresh bait in it and I noticed something was in it.... I was like, oh kitty! But then I notice the white stripe and backed off pretty quick, luckily before the little buggar noticed me. The cage is in an awkward position underneath a cattleguard so it was kind of tricky to get him out of the trap.
We ended up throwing a tarp over the whole cattleguard to keep us from getting squirted then had to use three long wooden sticks to open the trap door and then prop it open so he could come out at his leisure... there's no way I'm gonna try to force a loaded skunk butt out of a trap!

He was squirting like crazy which burned all my nose hairs but luckily did not saturate me due to the tarp... oh beloved tarp, how I love thee!

Poor little skunky poo was proabably scared to death! Hopefully he'll be gone by morning.
I seriously doubt that momma cat will be trying to enter the skunked trap anytime soon no matter how many tasty treats we put in there.

We'll have to come up with something else I guess.
Skunked again!

No comments: