Friday, June 13, 2008

Bloody cats

My cat is gone. 
She's wild, always has been. She was born wild, anyways.
She's been with me and indoors since she fit in the palm of my hand. She was a rescue.

She's always wanted to be outside SO bad, it's like a drug for her. So I leash trained her since we always lived in a city (i.e. downtown Portland). Well, since we moved here, the leash has not been enough and I've always felt really bad about denying her the freedom of being a cat outdoors. So I decided to start letting her outside sans leash.
It's pretty freaking scary.
Knowing what could happen to her out there and not knowing where she is or if she's ok.
Unlike children, you can't have your cats carry cell phones and check in with you.
So she left all night one of the first times I started letting her out (a month or more ago) and then she hadn't done it since, she'd been staying really close and only gone for about an hour at the most at a time.
Well, since noon yesterday she's been out there somewhere.
I can't believe she hasn't come back for food. She LOVES her canned food that she gets every morning. Loves it! So this is really disturbing me.
I hate this.


No comments: