Saturday, June 28, 2008

No cheese for the weary

I had to kill two mice today.

Sticky traps are horrible and cruel, don't use them!

Mice get stuck in the extremely sticky goo and can't move. Their feet get stuck then they get tired and lay down, then the rest of their body is stuck then they can't keep their head up any longer and then their lower jaw or whatever part of their head that touches it gets stuck.

When I found them they were still alive and squeaking in terror.

So I drowned them. 

I can now say that I have held a living creature under water and felt it drown. I held it under until it stopped kicking and twitching.

yup.... all in a days work.

I highly suggest that if you have a mouse problem, you use the spring traps. They're quick and when you check the traps you don't have to watch a critter suffer, you just have to dump the corpse in the trash.

1 comment:

Miriam. said...

I'm sorry, thats pretty inhumane to have to use those. Cats = no mouse problem (well then again it is these 2 cats...)