Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ouch, I Did it Again

Yes, I fell. I slipped and fell. Pretty cool injury, huh?

I was cutting meat. Every tuesday I cut 66 - 5lb. cheetah diets, 9 - 3lb. cheetah diets, 4 tiger diets, 2 tiger fast bones, 6 female lion diets, 4 male lion diets, about 30lbs. of chunks for bears, and about 10-20lbs. for village animals. Thats a lot of meat, yo.

Things get wet and slippery.

I had just finished cutting diets and wheeling them all into the walk-in cooler and was walking back down the metal ramp, which is not very steep mind you, next thing I know I am on the ground and my head feels like it has exploded.

Now, I've been injured pretty badly before but never a head wound and I've never felt anything like this before. 

It. fucking. hurt.

I rolled over and was just trying to hold my head on. It took me a couple of tries but I made myself stand up and walked to find my co-worker who was in the back room and didn't even realize I was bleeding at that point.
It sucked ass. 
Turns out I nailed my head and my left butt cheek on the edge of the metal ramp.
(I am so not showing a picture of my butt)
2 hours later I could finally see straight and had three staples in the back of my head.
(I can't get a picture of my head wound without assistance so will post later)

So I got put back together... why do people insist on teasing you about an injury? I got hurt, I understand the need to laugh it off, it's what I do, but the jokes get old. 
office staff:
"If you wanted attention, there are better ways of getting it, you know"
doctors and nurses:
"are you dizzy? more so than usual? get it.... you're blonde?" (dur!)
"now you're a metal head, hee-yuk!"
co-workers:
"have fun... don't fall!"
people tip-toeing up the ramp... etc. etc. 

Yeah, yeah.. everyone's a comedian.

Enough already. I hope you all have fun the next time you get injured.
But for now, my butt hurts!

No comments: