Saturday, May 16, 2009

The bears are having a picnic!

Well today was the Teddy Bear Picnic at the Safari. The culmination of our week long celebration of bears called Bear Awareness Week, go figure! It was a GORGEOUS day, at last! It has been so unseasonably wet lately that everything is still lush and super green so The Burg is absolutely gorgeous right now, it reminds me of Boring/Gresham/Sandy. So lush and green, I lurve it! Makes me want to go camping. Anyways, so I had today off but we do face painting at all the children's events to raise money for our AAZK (American Association of Zoo Keepers) chapter. So I spent a couple of hours painting bear faces on the little smunchums. SOO freaking cute.  The littles bring in their teddy bears and get health check-ups and get any repairs made like if their teddy's ear ripped off or something. So potion. There are tons of other activities too like hand painting your hand print on top of Michael's (our big Alaskan Coastal brown bear) paw print. 


He's a big boy! I made one with my hand, hee hee. I love kid activities. It wasn't nearly as busy as last year but we made over $60 face painting.... at $2 a face that's not too shabby. Only bummer was smokey the bear didn't show up....lame! Smokey has been slacking off the last few years. ;-)  They used my art boards that I made for last year:












Aren't they purdy? It makes me want to get back into scrap booking... I know, I'm a dork.
Bears are fun! Peace out.

No comments: